Saturday, November 28, 2009

Update

I know it's getting late in the semester, but things are very hectic. I got another job, and the holidays are upon us. At least I'm keeping up in my server class, and that's helping me to refresh on a lot of related topics. DNS has been mastered fairly well, maybe not as much as DHCP, but I find it a more challenging topic. I think it's going to be one of those practice-makes-perfect scenarios.

Anyways, a quick update on the Net+ cert progress. I'm looking to buy my voucher within the next week or so. A week or two ago I took another "practice exam" just to gauge my progress, and did much better. I got about a 66%, which clearly wouldn't pass the real exam, but it's still a jump from the first time. I also printed out an itemized sheet of topics I need to work on. This will aid me in further studying, and also narrowing the gap of material. Obviously time is a crucial factor at this point, so I need to maximize results. I'm still very confident that I will be Net+ certified by January. I know my test date is being moved back, but there's no shame in that. I'll try and update again soon, when more work has been made on this front. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment