Monday, October 5, 2009

Onward

Well, today I have reviewed chapter 5 in the text, dealing with network hardware. I got a healthy review of IRQ assignments among other things. That was something I've always had a little anxiety about, especially because of it's importance in CompTIA's A+. If I'm financially able, I want to obtain that cert this semester also.

I kind of skimmed some of the information that I've heard so many times before, about the differences between routers, bridges, switches, repeaters, hubs, etc. Needless to say this makes for good review, but it's material that I'm quite familiar with by now. I ended up taking the full 60 question practice exam in one of the appendixes, only to realize after that I don't have the answers to it. That will probably lead me to take a more thorough CertBlaster practice exam later on this week when I have more time.

I think I have DHCP down cold from all the practice I've gotten in and out of Server class. It feels good to be so confident in my abilities with a technology. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but the class I'm in maps to Microsoft's 70-291 exam, which I do hope to take. If you're following along, I'm hoping to get my MCSA to start with by the following route: 70-290, 70-291, Vista (I forget the exam #), A+, and Net+. If I can pull this all off before semester's end, then I will feel quite accomplished.

By the way, I just want to say hi to any potential visitors from Blackboard.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment