Friday, October 2, 2009

More DHCP

Well, yesterday was a class day, and so I got my hands even dirtier in the DHCP bucket. It was the chapter for the week, so I got a lot of practice. I worked with authorizing servers and activating scopes. With scopes, I created and deleted multicast, basic, and superscopes. I also played around with some configuration options, but more will probably be done with that later. I have some Labsims to finish too, but overall I'm feeling pretty comfortable.

I'd like to speed up my progress, but I think I'm getting a more comprehensive review/study than I originally anticipated, just because of the amount of material I'm being exposed to for class. I've been going through the Net+ text, and read up the summaries on chapters 3 and 4 to make sure I'm good on that stuff. These cover transmission basics, media, and protocols. These are all important topics so I'll probably delve in a bit deeper to make sure I have everything down. Hmm.. what's the color ordering for wires when making a cat5 utp cable again?

In other news, I nabbed two books from the library to help me in my Linux adventures. I got The Idiot's Guide to Linux and Linux Programming for Dummies. I think these will be great resources for me to play with, because I have very little previous experience with the OS. I will most likely be utilizing Ubuntu on VirtualBox. Maybe one day I can even go for my Linux+ cert! You've got to dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment